Have you ever gone shopping, found an item, then thought to yourself, “I wonder if I could find this cheaper online?” Usually you can, but then you have to go home, browse the web, make the purchase, and wait for the item to be shipped. However, some retailers will match the pricing of certain online retailers. If you have a smartphone, you may be able to look up the item and get it for the same price right in the store. Here are some retailers that will match online pricing… Best Buy
- Best Buy will match the price of one item per customer for these online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, HHgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Rakuten.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com, and Walmart.com.
- Fry’s will match the price of any local authorized competitor’s website. However, the item must be ready to ship, and Fry’s will count the shipping cost as part of the price. Often, if an item will ship for free online, then it may not qualify for price matching from Fry’s.
- Sears will not price-match online-only retailers. However, if a local competitor has a website with online pricing, then Sears will match it.
- Staples will match the price of the exact same product that is currently available on Amazon.com.
- Target will price-match the following websites for one item per customer: Amazon.com, BabiesRUs.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, and Walmart.com. They will only match the price of in-stock items. Target will also match the prices on their own website.
Toys R Us and Babies R Us
- Toys R Us and Babies R Us will match the online pricing of Amazon.com (not Amazon marketplace), BabyDepot.com, BestBuy.com, BuyBuyBaby.com, diapers.com, FredMeyer.com, Kmart.com, Meijer.com, Sears.com, Target.com, and Walmart.com. It must be the exact same item, and it must be currently available online. However, they will not match the price of an item listed as a sale or clearance item.
Retailers will often make you jump through some hoops to get an item price-matched. Make sure you are comparing the exact same item and that it is in-stock. See the retailers website for full details of their policy, and be sure to refer to their policy if you get any resistance.