Numerous changes take place with the arrival of the autumn season. Kids head back to school, leaves change color, weather turns cooler, and fall fashion kicks in. While the mannequins are donning all kinds of new outfits for the season, you can’t help but think to refresh your own fall wardrobe. However, as much as you would love to buy yourself a new fall fashion collection, you just know you cannot afford it. Maybe you can, but you can probably think of more responsible ways to use your money. With the festive season around the corner, managing your finances & your credit card debt is ever so important. So let’s just start shopping your own closet for a change. You might be surprised at the outcome.
Steps to Doubling Your Fall Wardrobe
There are ways to create or increase your fall wardrobe without shopping the latest trends at retail prices. Use these tricks to stay on budget and feel good about your outfits.
- Take your time and start sorting through what you already have. Separate out what fits and what doesn’t.
- Rule of thumb: If you haven’t worn something that’s in your closet for the past year or longer you are probably not going to wear them again.
- Make a pile of clothes that you can sell on places like eBay or craigslist. You can use the money you get for some new pieces to create your fall fashion wardrobe.
- Pick out layering pieces and basics. Along with a simple cardigan, a jacket, or scarf, the basics can be converted into a fashionable outfit effortlessly.
- A little bit of research will keep you in sync with the season’s hottest trends. Make sure you look at your favorite store websites and see what their Autumn/Winter collections look like.
- Don’t give up on your summer clothes just yet. Replace the shorts with a jean or wear a pair of boots with your colorful summer skirt. Tada! You just created a pretty fall outfit.
- Remember those pretty summer dresses you love? Pair them with a legging or add a simple cardigan or may be do both if the chills are too much to cope.
- Doubling your wardrobe does not mean that you are not allowed to indulge in a little bit of shopping. It just means that you make smarter choices when you do shop! Picking out pieces that are easy to pair, that are longer lasting & can easily be converted from being a ‘day’ outfit into a ‘night’ outfit with just a simple tweak.
You’ll be shocked at how accomplished you’ll feel when you put together some great new looks for the season using your current wardrobe. Adding accessories and layering are easy ways to revamp what you thought was tired and old. Most of the time, the solution to a newer fall wardrobe is as simple as styling. So dig into your closet today. Finally, you can be both fashionable and money smart with these wardrobe tips.