Winter is approaching and that means staying indoors quite a bit more. The inexpensive go-to activities of summer, like swimming or going to a park, are out the window. If you are trying to manage credit card debt, try some of these cheap winter activities.
Cheap Winter Activities While Managing Credit Card Debt
While the colder winter months do limit some activities, there are plenty of options to have a very affordable but fun time for you and your family. Staying on budget and avoiding more consumer debt will be worth it in the end.
5 Cheap Winter Activities for Every Budget
- Visit the library. Pay those overdue fines and make the library part of your weekly routine. Use a computer, read a book, or borrow a movie. If you have children, there may be special story times and other free activities for them. The library offers so many services for free and a warm space outside of the home to go to.
- See a matinee movie. Movies can be enjoyed all year round. However, it’s especially nice in the winter. Call your local theatre to find out when the matinee prices are so you can save money on admission. If you can, skip the snack counter while managing credit card debt. The snacks are expensive and not essential to the movie experience.
- Go bowling. Just like a matinee movie, there are discounted times for bowling! Go on a cheaper day or time to save money and have a fun activity for you and/or the family. There may be deals that allow you to go at a lower rate if you buy several games at once. Explore all your options and avoid those fancy rock ‘n bowl nights.
- Bundle up and play outside. Playing in the snow, sledding or just taking a walk in the cold can be fun and refreshing. It’s also completely free. If you struggle with consumer debt, this is a great option to avoid temptations at other stores. If you like to ski or snowboard, look for discounted passes to enjoy the slopes.
- Create something. Another fun option for the young and old is to create something. Music, coloring and DIY decor projects are all options during the winter months. These activities sometimes get lost in the shuffle during the summertime. So take advantage of being at home and get some fun done without spending a lot of money.
Now you have 5 cheap activities to do in the winter to help you manage credit card. Stay on the lookout for even more ways to save money and tackle your consumer debt.
To speak to a credit counselor today about budgeting and managing your finances, call 800-769-3571.