Having a wedding tends to get expensive. Fast. If you are willing to be creative, there are some summer wedding ideas to curb spending and keep you from credit card debt. Check out these 5 thrifty ideas to keep your wedding costs down this spring or summer.
5 Summer Wedding Ideas to Help Your Budget
Getting married should not require credit card debt. A wedding should be a joyous occasion that follows a solid wedding budget. With a little more legwork, asking friends for favors and rethinking what your wedding will look like, you could end up saving thousands of dollars. Here are a few summer wedding ideas to save money on your budget.
- Have a wedding early in the day. Starting your wedding early is a great way to save on catering costs and potentially the venue price. Breakfast and lunch catering options will be cheaper than a sit-down dinner. Having breakfast food can be a quirky aspect to your wedding. If you still want a taste of an evening celebration, make your rehearsal dinner fancier.
- Speaking of rehearsal dinners, try a picnic if you are paying for the dinner. Everyone likes a good cookout. If someone’s backyard can accommodate a low-key affair, it can really save money. This is a great tip if you and your partner are still managing credit card debt.
- Skip the paper Save the Date. Nearly everyone has e-mail or a social media account at this point. Take advantage of this built-in communication system. You will probably only need to print a few out for people. Saving money on postage alone is totally worth it!
- Print one or two large programs (like poster size) and forgo individual copies. People rarely keep them and this way you and your guests still get to enjoy having a program.
- Rent an outdoor space for your ceremony. Parks are a great place to have a wedding and usually, come with a very small price tag. Some might even be totally free.
Whether you are currently managing credit card debt or trying to stay in the black, a wedding budget is the first step. To make your budget stretch, you may have to work a little harder but it will pay off in the end.
For other great ideas, check out ACCC’s Weddings on a Budget Pinterest board.