A beautifully decorated home is everyone’s desire. However, if decorating your house or apartment makes a dent in your budget every time you want to jazz things up, it will hurt more than it will heal. When managing credit card debt is your financial priority, any budget friendly home decorating ideas can come in handy. These budget-friendly decorating tips will let you dress up your space and still leave room to pay off debts.
Budget Friendly Home Decorating Ideas
Redecorating your home isn’t a reason to exceed your budget, especially since you don’t have to spend a fortune to do it. The sooner you design an appropriate decorating budget, the faster you can eliminate debt. Here are some budget friendly home decorating ideas you can consider when revamping your home.
- Change the current layout: Start by moving around what you already have. A change in layout can give a fresh perspective and can add more appeal to your living spaces than you think.
- A fresh coat of paint: A new wall color is a classic makeover option. This does not mean that you have to paint your entire home, which can be a costly affair. Pick a wall in each room to accent with a color that pops. A contrasting wall can do wonders in terms of adding a fresh feel to your space.
- Move around the paintings: Take down all your paintings and other art and move them around to different walls or different rooms. This will give a fresh look to your home and it will be like seeing them again for the first time.
- Spruce up your old furniture: Pick one or two furniture pieces at a time to add your own touch. A fresh coat of varnish or a brighter paint color can accent an old table or look for a thrift store find to bring in a new piece without breaking the bank.
- Refresh the linen: New linen on your bedding or colorful accent pillows on your furniture can add some color and a fresh look to your spaces. You don’t have to spend a fortune on upgrading. You can mix and match what you already have or shop at consignment stores and thrift stores to find the best bargains!
- Add new DIY artwork: Spend a weekend creating crafts with your family. You can find plenty of ideas online to find the craft that suits your home best.
- Upgrade the smaller things: Choose to upgrade the inexpensive things such as the shower curtains in your bathroom or the table linen and coasters in the dining room. These small changes can add variety and a refreshing change to your home.
- Buy new house numbers and a mailbox: Revamp the look of your home from the outside by changing the house numbers or replacing the mailbox. With the spring season in the air, you can plant some flowers around your mailbox and clean up your flower beds with a fresh bag of mulch and a few colorful plants. This will help improve the curb appeal of your home.
Between the interior and exterior of your home, you can create new looks with these ideas on a relatively small budget. To find even more potential savings, ask a friend if they want to join. Pick a project where you can split the costs to get a better deal. Maybe share paint or find a “buy two get one free” deal on supplies. This will keep credit card debt at bay.
For more ideas on budget friendly home decorating ideas, visit ACCC’s Decorating on a Dime Pinterest board.