Are you trying to reduce spending? When we are faced with debt or substantial savings goals, it takes every effort and idea to make it happen. Rather than spend money, borrow and trade to save on expenses.
How to Borrow & Trade to Save Money
Family, friends and neighbors can be a great resource when it comes to managing credit card debt. It’s more than just borrowing a cup of sugar. There are many ways to save money and possibly help one another. Plus, you will be helping the planet by sharing, reusing and recycling in a way!
Here are some ways to save money by borrowing or trading:
- Borrow big tools and equipment if you do not have a regular need for them- lawn mower, ladders, power washer, snow blowers, etc.
- Start a monthly clothing exchange instead of buying.
- Ask mom or a friend to borrow fancy dinnerware, party supplies.
- Trade time- house sit or take care of pets while someone is away in exchange for something you need.
- Trade garden produce with a fellow gardener to cover more of your needs without spending money.
- Consider swapping furniture for a time to mix things up for free.
- Use your skills or trade in exchange for something you need.
- Swap kids toys with other families. They grow out of things fairly fast, so save money by exchanging every so often.
- Go to the library! They have books, music, classes and more to use.
Every dollar counts for debt elimination. These suggestions can hopefully get you to your financial goals quicker than using your normal strategy. Once you start looking for alternatives, it’s easier to see them in more places. You may want to track some of these savings to see what is the most effective for you if you do them repeatedly.
To speak to a credit counselor today about budgeting and managing your finances, call 800-769-3571.