Debt consolidation is a big step, but sometimes it’s the right one. If you know this is your next step, you are probably googling “debt consolidation near me.” Learn more about debt consolidation and what ACCC has to offer right here!
Truth About Finding Debt Consolidation Near Me
While your initial thought might be to find a brick and mortar financial institution for debt consolidation, it’s actually not the only option. There are many companies that offer financial counseling and debt consolidation options right over the phone, like American Consumer Credit Counseling. So instead of needing debt consolidation near me, you only have to focus on finding the best company out there.
ACCC’s Approach to Debt Consolidation
If you’re looking to consolidate unsecured personal debt, you have a variety of debt consolidation options. Many consolidation options involve either a debt “settlement” or taking out a loan. Consumers have good reason to steer clear of these debt consolidation options.
Fortunately, settlement and loans are not your only debt consolidation options. American Consumer Credit Counseling offers a proven debt consolidation program that lets you to meet your obligations to creditors without borrowing money.
- ACCC negotiates with your creditors not to reduce the principle but to reduce interest rates and any outstanding fees. This can reduce your monthly payment and the time it takes to pay off your debts.
- You make one consolidated payment to ACCC each month and then they pay each of your creditors.
- ACCC provides you with credit counseling and educational resources. Strengthening your credit management skills can help you stay on track toward a future free of excessive debt.
ACCC has been helping American families turn around their financial lives since 1991. They have an A+ grade from the Better Business Bureau.
What to Look for in a Credit Counseling Agency
If you decide to look for another company, make sure they have the following qualities.
- A legitimate debt relief agency is open and honest. It should be willing to provide you a clear, detailed description of its product and services. If the agency does not answer your questions or its answers are not satisfactory, go elsewhere.
- A reputable consolidated credit counseling agency will give you truthful, useful advice on how to manage your money and use credit wisely. The agency will also help you establish a written budget and offer educational materials and financial workshops.
- The fees charged by a debt consolidation company should be reasonable, meaning a maximum of $50/month for a debt management program. (Fees vary by state.) Free ongoing education on how to manage your finances should be available and accessible – even if you decide against entering a debt management program.
- The agency should have been in business for at least seven years and be non-profit. The advantage of non-profit debt consolidation companies is that they can offer their services for free or low-cost. They are funded in part by contributions from creditors.