For those of us seeking debt relief, it’s the best time of the year! No, not Christmas. It’s National Bargain Hunting Week! We’re here to spread the word about this great opportunity to get the most out of your hard earned dollar. Bargain hunting is no joke; finding a good deal takes some serious work and dedication, but these concepts are nothing new for the debt-free community. The following are tips & tricks to get the most out of this National Bargain Hunting Week (without going overboard).
National Bargain Hunting Week
There’s a sense of pride in getting an awesome item for cheap. And there’s really nothing better than a scoring a deal when you are managing debt. So enjoy it! Take this opportunity to shop smart, get the most value out of your money, and have some frugal fun!
National Bargain Hunting Week Do’s
- Give yourself a spending limit. Use cash to help stay within your budget.
- Keep your eye out for deals.
- It’s a great time to buy things you really need for a lower price.
- Shop local. Check out yard sales, thrift shops, the Salvation Army, etc.
- Try using fashion apps where you can get great deals for quality items.
- Capitalize on “Christmas in July” sales. July and December are big sale times at your favorite retailers.
National Bargain Hunting Week Don’ts
- Go spend crazy.
- Buy something just for the sake of buying it!
- Rack up credit card debt in the name of a bargain.
- Get “sale eyes”. If an item is $50 on sale for $30, you still spend $30! Don’t be fooled by the slashed prices!
- Give in to impulse buys. National Bargain Hunting Week is a whole week long. Pace yourself and your purchases. Make sure you spend your money wisely on something you really want!
National Bargain Hunting Week is every frugal person’s dream, so enjoy your “holiday”!