If you are considering credit counseling, be sure to spend some time researching your options before signing up with an agency that you do not know much about. Having financial difficulties can be a very stressful situation for you and your family, but choosing the right credit counseling agency to help you with your problems can turn your financial life around.
Why Choose ACCC For Your Credit Counseling Needs?
First of all, let’s look at some things to look for in a credit counseling agency.
- Be sure the agency is charging you reasonable fees (not more than $50/month for a debt management plan), but this can vary by state. ACCC firmly believes in keeping its set up fees as well as monthly maintenance fees as low as possible.
- The credit counseling agency should be non-profit.
- The agency should have been in business for at least seven years.
- The counselors at the credit counseling agency should be certified by an independent organization.
- The agency should be accredited by the International Standards Organization (ISO) or by the Council on Accreditation (COA).
- The agency should be a member of one of the trade associations: either Financial Counseling Association of America (FCAA) or the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC).
- Consumers should consider checking with the Better Business Bureau for any consumer complaints made against the agency.
- It should be licensed and bonded to do business in your state.
- The agency’s willingness to waive the fees if you simply can’t afford them.
- It should spend a reasonable amount of time for your consultation/budgeting session. You will need at least one hour.
- The agency should provide you with a written budget based on your personal financial situation.
Does ACCC Meet The Criteria?
Yes!!! ACCC meets all of the criteria of a reputable credit counseling agency. To get started with a free credit counseling session with an experienced and approved credit counseling agency that you can trust, click here.
Here is why you should pick ACCC for your credit counseling needs:
- 26 years of experience in the credit counseling industry
- Free counseling session including budget preparation and analysis of key financial indicators
- Face to face and telephone counseling
- Free financial education and materials
- Affordable debt management program fees. We are dedicated to keeping our fees as low as possible and waive or reduce fees depending on your state’s regulations or for financial hardships
- Help regardless of your ability to pay
- Confidentiality. We recognize the importance of protecting personal identifying information submitted to us and it is our policy to ensure that all client information is held in the strictest of confidence
- Superior customer service
- Counselors that care about you and will work with you until your problems are solved
- Support and commitment that is second to none
- Trained and trusted counselors
- Accessibility. We make ourselves available to assist you 6 days a week
- Convenience. We handle everything for you, from the counseling process to payment of your funds
- Dependability. Count on us to get things done
- Ongoing support and counseling as long as needed
- Bilingual services available to the Spanish speaking community
- Certificate of Authority in all 50 states and licensed in 32 states that require licensing
- Accredited through the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating
- Member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC)
Speak with a certified counselor at ACCC today for your credit counseling needs! Call 800-769-3571.