Are you feeling stuck in your budget– unable to dine out as much as you’d like? You’re not alone! Entertainment and eating out budgets are some of the first to be eliminated or reduced. However, with a few tricks you can feel like your budget is a lot bigger than it really is. Stretch your eating out budget with a few simple tricks to keep your finances stay on track.
How to Save Money and Stretch Your Eating Out Budget
Eating out can be so fun. No cooking and no dishes to deal with after the fact. However, it costs waaaaay more to eat out than to stay home and prepare your own meals. Consequently, it makes more fiscal sense to stay in when trying to eliminate debt or save money.
However, when budgets are too restrictive, a lot of people fail. Things have to be realistic. Rather than cutting your dining out budget to $0, give yourself or your family some month every month. Make the most of the budget by stretching every dollar with a few of these tricks.
List of Eating Out Money Savers
- Go to restaurants that offer free kids meals.
- Check Groupon for local deals.
- Avoid buying drinks.
- Share desserts and appetizers.
- Skip the apps and serts- only order entrées.
- Get two appetizers to go to compliment a homemade main course.
- Go for breakfast or lunch instead of dinner.
- Purchase fries or a milkshake and share.
- Choose cheaper places!
- Go with your parents. Many will foot the bill if you don’t overuse the kid on a budget card.
The more little trips you can make, the more in control you may feel. Even if you don’t purchase a whole meal, you can still enjoy the experience of a restaurant. Plan ahead and create a strategy to use your eating out budget wisely every month. Always remember the bigger goals you have in mind as you make purchases.