Pinterest is a fantastic place to find all sorts of great wedding advice. Whether you need some color inspiration or ways to save money, you can find it there. The best gift you can give new marriage is to stick to your wedding budget. Here is a big list of Pinterest wedding tips and pins to avoid consumer debt.
20 Pinterest Wedding Budget Tips
There are so many different facets of any event. Keeping your costs down requires you to trim something in most areas to stay on budget. Here are 20 tips from The Talking Cents Blog and Pinterest to help your wedding budget.
- Change the date to the off-season.
- Hold the wedding at a time where a full meal is not expected. Stick with appetizers and/or desserts
- Limit the guest list.
- Skip a lot of wedding traditions, like favors- Rise & Brine.
- Buy wholesale flowers and arrange them yourself.
- Skip printing and mailing the Save the Dates- send them electronically.
- Borrow or buy your dress used. Same goes for the veil!
- DIY wedding decor, like amazing hoola hoop wreaths! Pretty My Party.
- Skip the DJ and use a playlist.
- Prepare family style meals for each table instead of a big plated sit-down dinner.
- Hire your photographer friends or a student to take photos.
- Have the ceremony and reception at one location.
- Rent a park, library or other public place. These are often free or very cheap.
- Make sheet cakes, cookies, cupcakes or other desserts besides the standard wedding cake.
- Utilize the grocery store for cakes and flowers- Buzzfeed.
- Have a talented friend design your save the dates, invites and program as a wedding present.
- Stick to a wedding budget!
- Skip the platinum wedding bands.
- Delay the honeymoon or choose a more affordable honeymoon option.
- Offer tasty, non-alcoholic beverages.
Your wedding is a wonderful celebration of your love and future. Keep it positive and fun and debt free!