Mother’s Day is this weekend. What better way to celebrate your mom than by making her favorite lunch and breakfast foods! Here are some Mother’s Day brunch ideas that will keep you on budget and out of debt.
Mother’s Day Brunch Ideas You Can Afford
Fancy brunches get expensive real fast- more so if you are managing debt. That’s why we need to be a little creative. Here are a few Mother’s Day brunch ideas that will make your mom feel special and hungry!
Prepare Your Own Brunch
First, you have to get used to the idea of making your own meal. While I love to get out and enjoy someone else’s cooking and atmosphere, stay focused on the goals. The first goal is to celebrate your mama, and the second is to stay on budget.
Here are some meal ideas for your Mother’s Day brunch:
- Pancake Assortment- plain, blueberry & cinnamon, strawberry, chocolate.
- Waffles & Toppings- fruit, whipped cream, ice cream.
- Egg Sandwiches
- French Toast
Breakfast food is soooo cheap! Lunch can also be affordable. Here are a few ideas:
- Finger Sandwiches
- Cold Salads
- Veggie Burgers
- Mac n’ Cheese
- Grilled Chicken, Veggies & Rice
Think about one tasty beverage and serve water and coffee. Plus a few sides, maybe some muffins and you’re all set. Have your siblings bring ingredients or dishes to save on costs. Remember, don’t over prepare or make too much food. This will help keep your budget on track.
DIY Mother’s Day Brunch Ideas for Decorations
Next, let’s add a little ambiance to the brunch.
- Rearrange the furniture a bit. Move things, put other items away to create more room.
- Use a fun table cloth- buy on sale or borrow if need be.
- Make some paper banners.
- Create a Welcome Sign Mom can take home with her.
- Put on some music- maybe some of Mom’s favorites.
- Display photos of your family growing up.
- Borrow some fancy plates or platters.
A Mother’s Day brunch can be considered as a gift. However, make sure you know that your Mom isn’t expecting a separate gift. Here are some ideas for no cost Mother’s Day gifts.