Meal planning is one of the best ways to stay on budget. While it may seem daunting and even unimportant, you will notice how your spending changes. Where do you start? Let’s review some Pinterest meal planning tips so you can start saving money.
Pinterest Meal Planning Tips
We love Pinterest at The Talking Cents Blog! It just so happens that Pinterest is an excellent resource for meal planning. First, let’s find out why meal planning can be super helpful. We have also included some ways to help you save money as you shop.
- You save time by knowing what you are making each day and for the week.
- Meal planning builds most of your grocery list for you!
- Do some research online to get started.
- Build a big list of meals to choose from every week.
- Buy in bulk to save money and use the ingredient across a few different meals.
- Plan meals around what’s on sale each week.
- Organize ingredients in the frig to better visualize your meals.
- Prepare your meals in one or two session to save on time.
- Pro tip: use the grocery store app to calculate exactly how much you’ll spend and make sure you have all the ingredients you need. Many stores will shop for you these days to save even more time. You can also use your past shopping trips as a starting point each week instead of going through the whole process from scratch. My family LOVES doing this.
More Tips from Pinterest
Since you can’t avoid buying food, consumers in financial trouble often use their credit cards. However, this typically only brings on more debt. This is especially true if you are overspending on groceries and buying more than you need or extra items that you end up wasting. The more you can streamline your grocery shopping, the more money you can have to pay off debts rather than bringing on more debt.
Busy Mom Food Prep
Mason Jar Meals
Foods You Can Freeze
Healthy Meal Planning Tips
Use these meal planning tips and resources to start doing more with your grocery budget and managing credit card debt!