The stock market often does surprising things. Sometimes it’s good; sometimes it’s bad. In the last few days, the market did something interesting and profitable! Find out more in this Weekly Round-Up of the latest stock market news.
Stock Market News Headlines
If you haven’t heard, stock markets almost reached record highs. Let’s see more about this news and other events of the last week.
A crazy last 24 hours has put the market inches away from a record: Here’s what happened.
This article from CNBC gives the highlights and reasons behind the record climbs.
- Wednesday evening, President Trump tweeted he would be delaying a portion of the China tariffs as a goodwill gesture.
- Then on Thursday morning the European Central Bank (ECB) announced a major bond-buying program to spur the region’s economy.
- A tame inflation reading Thursday morning cleared the way for the Federal Reserve to cut interest rates next week.
- Both the Dow and S&P 500 entered trading on Thursday just below all-time highs set in July and were last hovering less than 1% from records the session.
Here are a few more articles to read through from the last week relating to stock market news:
- Don’t let volatility or the trade war scare you. This is a good time to buy stocks by USA Today
- How to make your retirement earnings recession-proof by USA Today
- US Treasury is seriously considering a 50-year bond by CNN
Hopefully these stock market news articles gave you some insight into recent events. Come back next week to see the latest in financial news.
Just something like “If you struggle to pay off debt, ACCC can help. Call 800-769-3571 to speak to a certified credit counselor